Safe Installation & Repair
Balport Lock & Safe carries the largest selection of safes in Orange County, CA. We sell and install:
- Wall safes
- Floor safes
- Depository safes
- Fireproof safes
- Burglar-resistant safes
- Gun safes
We repair most makes and models of residential and commercial safes, can replace and upgrade safe locks, and open your safe if you’ve lost the key or combination.
Why Install a Safe in Your Home?
A safe offers peace of mind and protection against theft, fire, and accidents. It’s an investment in your security.
But how will you know which type is right for the job?
- Wall safes can be concealed behind paintings or mirrors.
- Fireproof safes are ideal for valuable documents like birth certificates and wills.
- Gun safes are larger and have additional safety features to prevent unauthorized access to firearms.
- Some high-security safes include biometric locks allowing access only with a fingerprint scan or another unique identifier.
Where will you install the safe? And what will you store inside it?
Do you plan to install it DIY? That could be a problem.
- Some insurers won’t cover lost valuables unless the safe is professionally installed.
- Cables, pipes, wires, and floor heating systems can get in the way of an installation.
- The safe must attach to a suitable surface, which may need reinforcement.
Balport’s Safe Installation: What to Expect
- We’ll survey the room where you’d like to install the safe and determine the best location.
- We’ll prepare the installation area, which may include removing existing wall or floor coverings, cutting holes, or reinforcing walls or floors.
- We’ll secure the safe to the wall or floor as required.
- We’ll ensure the safe functions correctly and that you know how to use it.
- We’ll clean up the installation area and provide you with any necessary documentation, including a warranty.
The benefits of a Balport professional installation include:
- Expertise: Balport’s technicians have years of experience installing safes and know the latest industry standards.
- Security: We’ll anchor the safe securely, reducing the risk of theft or unauthorized access.
- Convenience: We’ll handle all aspects of the installation, including delivery and setup, saving you time and effort.
- Peace of mind: We back our services with a warranty.
Types of Safes We Sell & Install
Wall safes are easy to hide behind paintings or mirrors, adding a layer of security against theft. They’re usually fireproof and waterproof and are available in a variety of sizes and designs, suitable for homes, offices, and retail stores. They can be mounted to the wall or recessed into a false wall.
Different models have different locking mechanisms, such as combination locks, key locks, and digital locks. Digital locks are increasingly popular due to their convenience and reliability. Some models provide additional security with biometric fingerprint scanners or facial recognition technology.
A poorly installed wall safe may be vulnerable to break-ins and fires. Reinforcement can include metal frames, metal plates, and other materials fastened to existing walls to hold the safe in place and discourage thieves.
Floor safes offer ultimate security. They’re often built into the floor — usually below carpeting or tile — while others are secured to a concrete foundation with expansion bolts or epoxy resin.
Some models feature dual-locking systems that require two separate keys for entry. Other models have anti-theft sensors that detect movement inside the safe and will trigger an alarm in case of tampering.
Fireproof safes protect documents, jewelry, and other valuable items from fire damage. They can withstand temperatures up to 1700°F for several hours. Most models have a waterproof seal that safeguards against damage from floods, mudslides, or major storms.
Depository safes are ideal for businesses looking to protect their cash and check deposits. Their drop box feature lets employees make deposits without accessing the main safe compartment.
Depository safes can have additional security features like anti-pry protection, reinforced steel walls, heavy-duty locks, and dual-locking systems. Some models with digital locks require PIN codes or biometric authentication (e.g., fingerprint scanning) for user access.
Advanced features may include time delay locking mechanisms and time-stamped records of all transactions made with the safe. This allows businesses to track their deposits and payments better and monitor overall activity throughout their organization.
Burglar-resistant safes are manufactured from heavy-duty materials like solid steel and reinforced concrete, making them difficult to break into. Most models include extra security features like combination locks and time locks.
Gun safes are designed to store firearms, ammunition, and other hunting or shooting supplies. Some models come with dehumidifiers to keep your guns in good condition and offer superior protection from burglary attempts and high temperatures up to 1120°F.
Gun safes can be outfitted with additional safety features such as combination lock mechanisms and biometric access control systems like fingerprint scanners.
Safe Repair & Opening
We repair all safe brands, including:
- American Security (AMSEC)
- National Cash Register (NCR)
- Amsec Fire Safes and Vaults
We can also repair and open your safe if you’ve lost the key or combination. Balport’s technicians are highly experienced in safe repair and can restore your safe to almost new condition.
Some of the most common problems we see are:
- Jammed locks: This can be due to dirt build-up, a misaligned bolt, or a worn-out lock mechanism.
- Stuck safe door: The door may be difficult to open if the hinges are damaged or the door is misaligned.
- Malfunctioning electronic locks: Dead batteries, programming errors, or circuit malfunctions can lead to lockouts.
- Damaged safe body: Physical damage to the safe body, such as dents or cracks, can compromise the structural integrity of the safe and may also affect the door locking mechanism.
- Water damage: Floods and leaks can rust or corrode the lock mechanism and other metal parts.
Proper upkeep will ensure that your safe remains in perfect working condition, protecting your most valuable documents and items from theft, fire, water damage, and other unforeseen circumstances.
Our team of locksmiths can perform regular maintenance checks on your safe to identify and repair any potential problems before they become bigger.
Wall safes can be upgraded with advanced locking mechanisms like combination locks, key locks, digital or biometric locks, and time-delay locks for extra security. Adding anti-pry protection and reinforced steel walls can make floor safes more secure.
We can upgrade your existing safe or install a brand-new one for maximum protection.
Whether you’re looking for residential or commercial security, Balport Lock & Safe has the knowledge and expertise to help. Contact us today for a free consultation.